Monday, January 14, 2013

Below is a list of advice I have been compiling. I feel that since my blog is titled "Advice from Alissa" it is only necessary that I share some advice.

Disclaimer: While I am giving this advice, I am human and sometimes do not follow my own advice. My hope is that by posting it I will be more true to myself. 


1. Watch Jeopardy. Chances are you don't know everything and will learn a thing or two.
2. Use a code on your phone. You never know who will try to read your personal text messages.
3. For every ONE negative thing you say (regardless of what it is about) say TWO positive things.
4. When an issue arises, talk through it, immediately.
5. When washing clothes, transfer to the dryer as soon as the washer is done, don't let them sit in the washer as they will begin to smell mildewy.
6.  Use to-do lists and cross off items as you get them done.
7. When you find an item you really want, write it down, think about it and if you still want it in 30 days then buy it... (29 days until I can buy my sofa table for my entry way :) )
8. Be old school and get on your hands and knees to wash your wood floor. It not only makes it look better, but it is a good workout.
9. Before purchasing new furniture, use painters tape to tape out the area in your house, to see if you are sure of the size of the piece and where it will go.



“If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives; be kind anyway. 
If you are successful, you will win some false friends and true enemies; succeed anyway.
If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you; be honest and frank anyway.
If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous; be happy anyway.
The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow; do good anyway…
You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and God; it was never between you and them anyway.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment